To develop high quality software for the web with a focus on security, reliability, efficiency, and good user experience.
University of Central Florida – BS Computer Science, 2002 – 2007
Minor: Business Administration
SPECIFIC SKILL EXPERIENCE
- Web Design Skills: xHTML (Expert), CSS (Expert), XML (Expert), DOM (Intermediate), AJAX (Expert)
- PHP Frameworks: Zend Framework (Expert), Cake PHP (Beginner)
- Other API Skills: Rails , Cocoa, CocoaTouch, C Standard Library, OpenGL, mySQL C Library, PHP library
- Software Design Skills: Object Oriented Design Patterns (Intermediate), code library design (Intermediate)
- Web Services: SOAP (Intermediate), XML-RPC (Intermediate), OpenID (Expert), JSON (Expert), Google API’s (Intermediate), Youtube API (Intermediate)
- Specific Database Skills: MySQL (Expert), MSSQL (Intermediate), Oracle (Beginner), Postgresql (Beginner)
- General Database Skills – Requirements Collection, Design, Table Normalization, Query Creation
- OS Skills: Mac OS X, Windows, Linux
- Networking Skills: TCP/IP and UDP Protocols, HTTP Protocol Analysis, Internet Traffic Analysis
- Technical Documentation
- Technical Presentation
Web Developer, BookIt.com – December 2012 – Present
- Fixing bugs and improving features in the BookIt.com platform
Senior Web Developer, Avectra – February 2011 – December 2012
- Created a JSON/XML Rest web service for the MemberFuse social networking platform. Uses metadata defined in a Doctrine1 ORM object to handle XML/JSON requests and responses. Allows rapid development of new rest resources.
- Worked as part of a team to fork, clean up, and redevelop an existing ecommerce listing component of MemberFuse. The platform allowed users to create Yelp like listings. It also allowed used to purchase upgrade packages consisting of various listing features.
- Developed a system to track user engagement, award points for various actions on the site, and track user rank. Also allowed for criteria based and user awarded badges
- Designed the object model for an asynchronous queue system using Gearman. We used the system to process email sending, remote syncs, and other processor intensive tasks.
- Created a photo gallery module for the MemberFuse platform that allows users to upload galleries of photos and let users comment on them.
- Developed a system that allows users to subscribe to arbitrary pieces of content and receive email notifications when they are changed.
Ruby Developer, Orange Lake Resorts – August 2010 – Present
- Learned Ruby and Rails to support internal site development
- Lead development of internal infrastructure system
- Supported dynamic front-end using extJS framework
- Supported development of underlying ERP framework
- Developed SSIS packages for MS SQL
- Developed T-SQL stored procedures to translate existing system date to a new data model
Independent Consultant – June 2003 – Present
- Developed a custom Cocoa database management application using the mysql c library. Designed, and built from the ground up with MVC in mind. Database framework was developed to use cocoa bindings.
- Developed custom sites using WordPress CMS suite
- Enhanced existing sites with new features and functionality (Sites were flat html, Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress)
PHP Developer, Bonnier Corporation – Sep 2007 – July 2010
- Lead Developer on Usedboats.com php5 upgrade including front-end MVC using Zend Framework, secure credit card processing, a fully standards compliant front end (at time of launch), an authenticated SOAP service for managing affiliate inventory, XML and CSV data feeds, and database normalization.
- Ported over 20,000 videos from one streaming video provider to two new providers (Youtube and Brightcove), automated the process using the web services for each company
- Lead Developer for 4 launched Drupal site ports
- Supported development for 5 other Drupal site ports. – Added support for our single sign-on SOAP service to Java and PHP sites
- Maintained custom Drupal plug-ins and enhanced existing community plug-ins.
- Deployed multiple sites using Vbulletin and Rayzz community software.
Techranger, University of Central Florida – Mar 2003 – Sep 2007
- Converted professor notes in Word format to high quality standards compliant html.
- Maintained the University’s webct system.
- Developed PHP applications for tracking work and tasks.
- Gave technical presentations to professors about online classes
- Presented about social media to university leadership from around the country for the AASCU Conference in 2006 and 2007
- Eagle Scout
- Apple Student Developer Scholarship to WWDC – 2005, 2006, 2007
- IB Diploma